Author Topic: Overall Server Suggestions and Discussion  (Read 439 times)

Offline LordRayken

• View Profile
Overall Server Suggestions and Discussion
« on: May 01, 2019, 06:59:41 PM »
Hey all,

So I figured I would go ahead and start us off, there are some really compelling arguments for limiting gains in Architect Entertainment and limiting the extent to which you can farm in AE, but I don't know what the coders can produce.

For one of the first suggestions, and for the betterment of our server in general, to make it a place a lot of people want to play on for a long period of time, I think we should penalize AE by -50% Exp, in perpetuity. I don't think we should limit rewards or change anything else.

Offline Oth

• View Profile
Re: Overall Server Suggestions and Discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 11:21:57 PM »
Agreed. Honestly, if it were up to me, the AE  missions would have no XP gains at all, instead focusing purely on rewards. Besides, if the current development pace holds, AE will eventually lose usefulness, since, by then, we might be able to integrate quality player-made content directly into the game.

Offline Piyerus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 12:02:50 AM »
I have no problem with limiting the xp, but if that's done can we boost Ticket drops to compensate?

Offline Maxis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 03:24:24 PM »
Because the server numbers aren't exactly as high as the official servers were I suggest allowing people to start as Rogue or Vigilante instead of just Hero and Villain. It would allow them to play with either side and join their friends (or any group) regardless of how they start out. Have the menu that pops-up with faction options recommend that you start as a Rogue or Vigilante as well.

Costumes:
Have the NPC costume pieces available
Since costume pieces are going to go back to being locked behind missions would it be possible to have them unlock account wide as oppose to on a per character basis?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 07:18:06 PM by Maxis »

Offline Rusharn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 02:48:30 AM »
I was wondering if the Cel Shading Graphical option could be turned back on.  I very much enjoyed the Cel Shaded effect. 

Offline ShawnMef

• View Profile
Overall Server Suggestions and Discussion
« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:53:47 AM »
That is not what I wanted to hear but was expecting.

I would like to be able to utilize my current CMS and Audit data SQL server databases. Our file store is on the D: on lower environments and a SAN in production.

Any suggestions on best practice to do that?